Sunday, November 30, 2008

Advent 1: Ad Te Levavi Animam Meam

This is the Introit for the First Sunday in Advent; in English: "To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul."




 Here is an mp3 of the chant, thanks to the Brazilian Benedictines. Here's the score:




The text comes from verses 1-4 of Psalm 25, Ad te, Domine, levavi:
1 To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
2 O my God, I trust in You;
Let me not be ashamed;
Let not my enemies triumph over me.
3 Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed;
Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.
4 Show me Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.

Here's another video of this Introit, sung by "the three cantores of the major seminary of the diocese of Haarlem (The Netherlands)":




Here are all the chants for the day, from ChristusRex.org:
Hebdomada Prima Adventus
Dominica
Introitus: Ps. 24, 1-4 Ad te levavi (3m29.7s - 3275 kb) score
Graduale: Ps. 24, 3. V. 4 Universi, qui te exspectant (2m00.6s - 1887 kb) score
Alleluia: Ps. 84, 8 Ostende nobis (2m41.5s - 2525 kb) score
Offertorium: Ps. 24, 1-3 Ad te, Domine, levavi (1m41.0s - 1579 kb) score
Communio: Ps. 84, 13 Dominus dabit benignitatem (51.2s - 801 kb) score

And these are posts on Chantblog for the Advent 1 propers:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very well sung, thank you
fs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...